|Mini & Maxi Sealer by Premium Balloon Accessories|
- Test your heat sealer settings, too high will melt straight through the balloon and too low it will not seal the balloon closed. I find that somewhere between 3-4 is usually perfect!
- Inflate your balloons carefully with a hand pump, make sure that they are firm to the touch, being careful not to over-inflate or they will pop!
- Do not allow any of the air to escape whilst you prepare the balloon for heat sealing.
- Start low (near the opening) on the neck of the Microfoil balloon, as this will give you a second or even third opportunity to do it again if at first you don't succeed!
- ENSURE THAT THERE ARE NO CREASES IN THE NECK, smooth out the foil neck prior to heat sealing, creases will allow air to escape.
- Place the balloon under the bar of the heat sealer and press down firmly, the light will come on, then go off very quickly, keep the bar down and the pressure on for a further 5 seconds, this will really ensure that the Microfoil balloon opening has sealed together.
Here is a short video clip that I hope will help.
Let's start with the fact that once these air-filled balloons have been heat sealed, they will never go down, an ever lasting balloon- what a fantastic selling point!
|This is one of my favorite idea's using the 4" Hearts, they are perfect for weddings and so many other occasions! Simply fill a vase and leave them on your counter and watch them sell!|
Qualatex have a fantastic range of 'mini' Microfoil balloons these include 4" & 9" Rounds, Hearts, Stars, 9" Squares, 13" Tapers and the fantastic new range of 9" & 14" design coordinates!
|Please note that not all of these balloons are available in every country, check with your Qualatex distributor.|
Here are a few simple idea's using the new 14" 'Soft Giraffe' # 32932. These are perfect for counter top sales, impulse purchases and also as a base for a centerpiece design!
|Designs made by Sue Bowler CBA|
- Start by creating 2 x 5-balloon clusters using 5" Qualatex latex balloons, the base cluster is inflated to approx.3" and the top cluster to approx. 2", they need to be small to be in proportion with the 14" Microfoil balloon.
- Secure the 2 clusters together and add a weight to the base.
- Secure the heat-sealed 14" Soft Giraffe to the top of the double cluster, using a small scrap of 260Q is perfect!
- Add detail such as a small bow or additional balloons, I have used Goldenrod which perfectly compliments the Soft Giraffe balloon, please note that these small balloons have been made by inflating the tips of 350Q's and not 5" balloons!
Here is another fantastic design idea using the new 14" Birthday Frosted Cupcake!
|Here is a close-up of the base, this time I used the inflated tips of 260Q, choosing color's that are featured within the Cupcake|
In this design I have used:
- Birthday Frosted Cupcake 35" # 30683
- Birthday Sprinkle & Sparkles 18" #30677
- Cupcake & Presents 11" # 31227
- Birthday Frosted Cupcake 14" #32935
- Purple Violet 5" # 82697
- Lime Green, Robin's Egg Blue & Wild Berry 260Q
I am very excited as I will be teaching 3 great classes at the World Balloon Convention in March 2012. I can guarantee that I will be showing many new and exciting concepts working with air-filled Microfoil balloons to capture those retail sales as well as for decor and centrepieces!
Do not forget, these small balloons can and will make you BIG profits!
Have fun with one of my favorite balloons!