Friday, December 6, 2013

A Christmas Snowman - Step By Step by Sue Bowler

Snowmen by Sue Bowler
Snowmen by Sue Bowler
A few winters ago during one very snowy day I decided to make a collection of snowmen for my garden, I expect many of you will remember the picture! They were amazing, they lasted for 2 week and long after the snow had melted. These little guys were made from 5" balloons, and with their brightly coloured hats and scarves they looked amazing!


Balloon Snowmen by Sue Bowler
I have since gone on to create many different sizes and variations and have now created an easy to follow step-by-step video clip which is exclusive to the readers of this blog! I have speeded it up a little, just in case you think that I actually work that fast, but I think that it is pretty easy to understand.

Material List - all Qualatex balloons of course!

8 x 5" White (double stuffed for the water weight base)
1 x 16" White
1 x 12" White QuickLink 
1 x 11" Printed balloon for hat
1 x 350Q for hat
1 x 260Q for scarf 
1 x 5" Orange for nose - or you can draw the nose.
1 x 5" for Pompom if you want to add a pompom to the hat!

Pens for face, the pink pen that I use for the cheeks is a ZIG Art & Graphic Twin - it has a double end with one end almost like a paint brush.
The other pens are Sharpies and edding markers, for the eyes and mouth.

Snowmen faces, hand drawn by Sue Bowler


I am looking forward to seeing lots of Snowmen on the Qualatex Facebook group this year, I hope that you enjoy making this design!

Happy Ballooning!

Sue
www.suebowler.com

2 comments:

Malicia Christian said...

Thanks for showing us this. It is very kind of you.

Erin K said...

Love the nose. I didn't know how to do that until your video. Thanks!