Friday, May 29, 2015

How to make a Tropical Balloon Flower Step-by-Step!

Tropical Balloon Flower
by Sue Bowler CBA
Since posting my last blog 'Flower Power', I had several requests for a recipe to make the Tropical Balloon Flowers that I featured in my blog!

I designed the Tropical Balloon Flowers for the Gala Party at the 2013 Slovenia Event. My objective was to create an elegant flower that had a Crocosmia like appearance in terms of having long elegant stems rather than the more traditional 'Daisy' like flowers that we usually see used for decor.

How long you make your flowers is entirely up to you! For the Slovenia Event Gala Party, I wanted the flowers to be freestanding and tall so that I could position them around the room. Each flower stood approx. 10ft tall (3m).  However you could make them much shorter and use them for table decor too!


Depending on how big you want the flowers to be will depend on how many petals (clusters) you will need to use. The design that I have created for this step-by- step is to make a smaller flower, therefore you will need to adjust the recipe if you want the flower to be longer.

Here is a simple step-by-step video clip that will help you to make your own flowers!



Here is the Cluster sizing guide for quick reference.


Good luck and I hope you enjoy making these flowers as much as I do!

Happy Ballooning!

Sue
www.suebowler.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing Sue! I love this flower.

Unknown said...

Great! Love it .. beautiful!
Thank you Sue fr sharing <3