The fabulous Luc Bertrand, CBA, of Waw Balloons in Vichte, Belgium, shares another one of his truly elegant designs that would work amazingly well for a New Year's celebrations. I also believe that this design would be fabulous for a store window display or decor for elegant black tie events.
Luc is a master at using the Qualatex® Number Shapes to create elegant air-filled decor, and this beautiful design is no exception! As soon as I saw this design, I thought of the Fleur de Lys shape and saw how incredible, unique designs can be created using Luc's technique.
Materials required: Choose colours to suit your occasion or event.
2 - Number Six or Number Nine Microfoil® Number Shape balloons.
3 -13" Taper Microfoil balloons.
1 - 27" Taper Microfoil balloon.
11 - 5" Latex balloons.
1 - 260Q to tie all the elements together.
Click-Click™ Stretchy Balloon Tape®.
Hand-pump or an electric air inflator suitable for inflating foil balloons.
- Air inflate the two number balloons and secure together using the stretchy tape.
- Air inflate all the Taper balloons. The 13" Taper balloons will require heat sealing. If you are not familiar with heat sealing, check out my post: "Heat Sealing Microfoil Balloons and Turn those Little Balloons into Big Profit Earners."
- Tie one of the 13" Tapers balloons to the 27" Taper balloons and tie the other two 13" Taper balloons together. Attach an un inflated 260Q balloon at the joint so that this can be used to connect everything together.
- Connect the Tapers to the Number shape balloons as shown below using the 260Q.
- Air inflate two 5-balloon clusters using the sizes as indicated below and with one of the clusters add a centre balloo. This cluster will be positioned at the front of the design, and the other to the back of the design. Now connect the clusters as shown below, once again using the 260Q.
This is a photograph of Luc's current window display for New Year's! I love the vibrant colours and the use of the "Celebration Pink Bubbly Wine" balloon with the "New Year Confetti Dots" balloon along with the number one and seven to make 2017!
A huge thank you to Luc, who every year never fails to share a wonderful design with us for either Christmas or New Year's!