Wednesday, June 16, 2021

The Rainbow Fish inspired 6th Birthday Celebration

The Rainbow Fish, written by Marcus Pfister, has always been my favourite illustrated Children's book. It is pure magic from cover to cover. When I started to design the decor for my granddaughter's recent 6th birthday celebration, it was a very easy decision, to create my version of The Rainbow Fish for her, which is something that I have always wanted to try.


The Rainbow Fish Balloon Decoration by Sue Bowler

To make the design, I used the Fish Shape  from Nikoloon Frames for Balloons. Standing 117cm high and 100 long, I knew that it would be perfect size for my design. Using this type of frame allowed me to create a pattern within the frame that would give me the look that I wanted to achieve.

I am going to be completely honest: it took me several attempts to get started. I actually found it easier to start from the tail end and work forward, leaving the face for last! 


The Bubbles!

You might assume that I cleverly superimposed the bubbles in the photo with the power of an editing tool, however, but they are actually real! 

To make these awesome bubbles, I used a giant bubble making kit! Knowing that our party was going to be outdoors, making giant bubbles seemed like the perfect summer Funday activity for everyone in attendance, young and old. It was also my sneaky opportunity to create the perfect photo, because let's face it, we all want 'that' perfect photo! This photo is actually a frame from the video that I took (below), as the bubbles were perfectly positioned! 



Here are more of the decorations that I made for Alexa's birthday celebrations.

Fantastic mermaid coloured balloons have been used to decorate this children's teepee
Meet Mylo!
Mylo thought that Alexa's teepee was a great place to stay in the shade, and keep cool on this beautiful summers day!

Vibrant coloured balloons have been used to create this beautiful garden decoration for a Childs 6th birthday celebration. Decor made by Sue Bowler

Strategic placing the decorations in my garden gave me the opportunity to take this awesome photograph! 
I used Northstar Balloons letters to make Alexa's  name banner (which I suspended between two trees) and the Qualatex Number Six to make the Mermaid themed arrangement! 


Alexa's 6th Birthday mermaid and Rainbow Fish theme garden decorations by Sue Bowler

Another cleverly placed photograph - I love that you can see
Alexa's name banner in the background!



I don't know about you, but I am always looking for beautiful photographs to use on my social media accounts and fun content for future blog posts! By taking a little time and planning you can create your own photo shoot opportunities and at the same time make someone special very happy! 

Happy Ballooning! 

Sue

Follow me @suebowler



No comments: