Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Use CANVA to Personalise Balloons with Silhouette Cameo

Like many of you, I use a Silhouette Cameo to personalise my balloons. However, I often find it challenging to come up with creative designs using the Cameo software, so, I decided to use CANVA instead. I find it more user-friendly, and I already use it for other design projects, so why not for my balloons too!


I have made a quick Step-by-Step video to show you how simple this is to do. It was a bit of a life changer for me, as it makes creative personalisation so much quicker and easier! 

Here are a few extra bits of information that may not be clear from the video.

1. I use the Instagram Square tile for my designs. By using a square, you can contain your design within a printable space.

2. I usually resize my design once I have added it to my Cameo software to approximately an 8" square, as I've found that this is perfect size for an 18" foil balloon.

3. I used two different fonts for my design: "Porcelain" for the script and "Anton" for the number.

4. The font size is approximately 180.

5. I cut out additional daisies in various sizes in white to add to my design.

6. Keep your design templates in a quick access folder in CANVA so that you can easily create new versions by simply changing the name and age!

7. I always add my vinyl when the balloon is flat and not inflated! I find it so much easier with great results every time! 



Here is a copy of the design that I created on CANVA.

I hope that this helps some of you when it comes to designing your personalised balloons! 

Happy Ballooning! 


Sue
Follow me @suebowler



No comments: